Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Travels in Colorado

You know when fans chant OVER-RATED at college basketball games, when a top-rated team is getting crushed by an underdog? (Think last year's Duke v. Arizona tourney game.) That's what kept running through my mind when we went to Vail this past weekend. Beautiful? You bet. I'm sure there's good skiing too. And if getting dressed in your finest workout gear and having your hair in a full blowout is your thing, you'd love it. Me, not so much. I don't think I've ever been under and over dressed at the same time. It's an interesting feeling. 

They did have a gondola that went up to the top of the mountain, we rode it 3 times because Maggie thought it was a rollercoaster. We didn't have to drive anywhere, also a plus. And lucky for us it was hot, because I forgot regular running shoes for me and a jacket for Mags. I'm not sure how I forgot that, but luckily we didn't even need it. It just wasn't a good fit, and I don't know how else to explain it. 

We did drive back through Breckenridge, which was WAY more our style. We will be back to see you soon Breck. 

Please enjoy the eye candy of both Vail and Breckenridge:

Vail





Breckenridge



1 comment:

Sarann said...

I miss living in Colorado SO MUCH!!!