Wednesday, August 10, 2011

That went well

Ah, the dentist. I actually used to love the dentist. I looked forward to it, mostly because I didn't really have any trouble with my teeth. I got a sticker and a toy, along with a new toothbrush.

Maggie's experience wasn't quite so golden. She fell and hit her tooth on the ground at daycare and her tooth turned gray. Awesome. I should be glad it didn't fall out. Scratch that, I am glad it didn't fall out, but it's also kind of funny looking. Maybe I could turn my frown upside-down and turn it into a Halloween costume idea? Hmm...probably looking at a gray toothed princess this year.

As for the actual dental appointment itself, it's always nice to hear about how wrong you are. A glorious moment in which you find out "they" changed all the rules when you weren't paying attention. What do you mean I was supposed to take her to the dentist after she got her first tooth? Sorry what? No goldfish crackers? Leading cause of cavities huh? Pinning her to the ground and shoving a toothbrush in her mouth won't traumatize her? I guess you really do learn something new every day. Funny enough, if it wasn't for Maggie falling and hitting her face, I wouldn't have taken her until she was three.

Oh yeah, and she didn't have any cavities either. But that's really not the point is it?

No comments: