Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First Doctor's Appointment

The first doc appointment isn't really the same as the others. I had the routine "woman" stuff done and they drew a bunch of blood. Apparently at the others they berate me about any weight gain and I have to pee in a cup. Only joking about the weight gain, but I received explicit instructions on how to pee in a cup. I wouldn't have thought them necessary but maybe I'm not the lowest common denominator.

Next week I'm scheduled to go back so they can use a doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat and determine my real due date. Right now, it's somewhere between Nov 21-29. I was actually kind of glad that I couldn't help them with that though, because otherwise they wouldn't have been able to do the doppler-sonogram thing. Our insurance is super cheap and normally only pay for one of these per pregnancy, but they deemed this one medically necessary. Pretty exciting, they were going to try to do it today, but my body was uncooperative.

Other than that, I got some free magazines and some kind of free baby planner that I won't use. No copy of What to Expect...I sort of thought they'd give me one. That's alright though, I think I'll live. That's it though, I wish I had a more exciting story, but then if I didn't, something would probably be wrong.

No comments: