Sunday, April 13, 2008

Busted at Babies R Us

Not much new to report on the baby front. Only that I can finally fill out my bra. That's kind of nice. Anyway, Ben and I went to Babies R Us today to look around, mostly because I figured that we should start looking at this stuff now. Reasons for this: 1) Ben will need to go back and look at everything at least 2 more times in addition to online research and 2) We'll get busy with the move and then panic at the thought of filling a nursery with baby stuff.

So we walked around, I was totally puzzled at the whole car seat and stroller thing; you can do the combo package and be one of those warriors who walk around expecting people to move out of your way or they'll bang into you and look at you like it's your fault. There are way too many choices and the more I was in there the more confused I got. I can't possibly have been the only one; they do seminars on buying a car seat.

But I got busted walking out of the store. As we were leaving, a guy who I had seen walking around the store, but otherwise did not recognize, asks, hey don't you work at NetApp??? Um, yes I do, you do too then? So I have a feeling that now the whole place will know that I'm pregnant. I found this interesting mostly because he recognized me enough to ask, or clarify rather, that I worked at the same place as he did. I've NEVER seen him before, or least I don't remember seeing him before. I can't recall working anywhere where people knew who I was and I had no idea who they were. Maybe it's working with all men, I dunno.

No comments: